TIP: I am about to start processing more zucchini to freeze. I put it in the Ninja Kitchen Aid Processor and grate it. Then I put it in 2 cup servings in freezer Ziploc bags. And now you can have Zucchini bread whenever!
1/2 tsp backing powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
2 c. sugar
1c applesauce (*see note at bottom)
2 tsp vanilla
2c. zucchini grated
1c pecan, chopped (optional)
1c semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350, grease 2 9x5 loaf pans
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add in sugar and continue beating until well blending.
4. Stir in apple sauce, vanilla, zucchini, pecans, and chocolate chips.
5. Stir in sifted ingredients.
6. Pour into loaf pans.
7. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the middle.
8. Cool on rack and enjoy.
*** You can use vegetable oil in place of applesauce. I find that the bread is more moist with the applesauce.
***You can use muffin tins instead of the loaf pan. This is our favorite so every piece is an edge piece.