If you do not have time or want to make your own dough, substitute a pizza dough in! For the filling I listed what we put in but you can put whatever you want!
1 tsp active dry yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
3/4 c warm water
1 tsp salt
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
3c all-purpose flour
6 slices of mozzarella cheese
Hot peppers (his)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
1. Combine warm water, yeast, and sugar, and stir util dissolved. Let that sit for about 5 minutes or until it becomes frothy on top.
2. After about 5 minutes, stir in olive oil and salt.
3. Pour the yeast mixture into a large bowl and ad one cup of flour stir until smooth. Continue to add flour, a 1/2 c at a time. (I used a mixer)
4. Knead over a floured surface for about 5 minutes, adding flour as you go. Knead in flour until the dough is soft and no longer sticky.
5. Form the dough into a ball and place it back in a bowl, loosely cover it with plastic, and let it rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
6. Once dough is doubled, place it on a floured surface. Pat the dough down into a rough rectangular shape. Cut in half if you want to make two.
7. Gently stretch each out into a larger rectangle. (Do not use a rolling pin for a fluffier dough)
8. Arrange your topping over the dough. Roll the dough up so it forms a log.
9. Place on a baking sheet and brush with the olive oil. Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the top. (I sprinkled a little mozzarella cheese)
10. Allow the Stromboli an hour to rise. Pre-heat oven to 400
11. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. Slice and enjoy.