Before that I have to brag! We have a friend that is amazing with his leather work! He made us some wonderful sleeves for our cast iron skillets! There are AMAZING!
Fajitas are wonderful and great but how many of us really have time (or will after a long day) to prepare a meal? This is something I prepare the night before and then let sit in the fridge until I am ready to cook it the next evening. You can prepare and cook in the same day but the longer you let the peppers and chicken sit in the spice mixture the better it gets! This smells heavenly as it cooks.
As you know from other posts, I am not a fan of heat (sorry!). But if you do want some extra heat I would add in some hot peppers in to your taste or like my husband a couple splashes of Habanero Sauce (Hulk Sauce, as he calls it) and it gives just the kick!
Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1/2 Tbsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (you can add more for more heat)
1 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Tbsp Corn Starch
2 small onions, chopped
3 Bell Peppers, sliced no wider than 1/2 inch
2 lb. chicken breast, sliced no wider than 1/2 inch
2 Tbsp olive oil
Whole Wheat Tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Mix all the spice ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a 9x13 baking dish add the onions, bell peppers, and chicken breast. (You can add a hotter pepper)
4. Mix in the spices and turn to evenly coat.
5. Add the olive oil and mix.
*At this point you can go ahead and cook or if you are preparing a head place in the fridge*
6. Place in oven for 30 minutes, after 15 minutes stir and place back for the remaining 15 minutes.