So you can only imagine how hard it is to be healthy. I do eat veggies and love them. But I also love bread, butter, and cheese. But I have found cauliflower is just as good as rice and even flour. This recipe is wonderful and easy. I swear unless you tell someone there is cauliflower in it you cannot even tell. (Great idea for parents who try to sneak healthy stuff to their kids.)
Again, I highly suggests using a Ninja Kitchen System Processor. Be careful processing the cauliflower, if you process two long it will start to get mushy.
This goes well with Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce.
Cheesy Cauliflower Bread Sticks
1 large Cauliflower
4 large eggs
4 c mozzarella cheese, divided in half (I get a little heavy handed here)
3 tsp oregano
4 cloves garlic (minced)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 and prepare you cookie sheet with Pam. (you might need two depending on their size)
2. In your Ninja Processor, pulse 2-3 times the cauliflower until it looks similar to rice. (I cut mine into quarters)
3. In a microwave container with a lid, microwave the cauliflower rice for 10 minutes. (You might have to put the lid back one a couple times.
4. Place the cauliflower in a large bowl and add eggs, 2 c cheese, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
5. Mix well.
6. Pour mixture into pan.
7. Bake in oven for about 25 minutes or until golden.
8. Take out the oven, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
9. Bake for about 5 more minutes until cheese has melted.