This is a very healthy recipe, which has no meat in it! But it it filling and a little spicy! I am by no means a vegetarian. I love to have meat with any meal I eat. We both enjoyed it and they didn’t stand a chance in our house. This is a very filing meal and low carb.
**Tip- try to pick peppers that have flat bottoms they stay up in the pan better. You can also substitute quinoa for the cauliflower rice and black beans for the chickpeas.
1 head of cauliflower rice
1 4 oz can green chilies, drained
1 can corn kernels, drained
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
½ c pepper jack cheese
¼ c crumbled feta cheese
1 Tbsp dried cilantro
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp chili powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350, spray a 9 x 13 dish with Pam.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower rice, chilies, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, and spices.
- Cut the tops of the peppers and clean out seeds.
- Spoon filling into each pepper.
- Place in baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the peppers are tinder.