Sweet Potato Casserole
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 c sugar
1 c milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 c brown sugar
1 c pecans
1/2 c flour, all purpose
3/4 stick butter
1. Wash the sweet potatoes and bake them at 375 for about 30 to 35 minutes. (You will want to be able to insert a fork into them.)
2. Slice them open and scrape out flesh into a bowl.
3. Add granulated sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Mash up the sweet potatoes and mix in the ingredients. (Don't mash them too much.)
4. In a separate bowl, add brown sugar, pecans (take 1 c of pecans and chop them), flour, and butter. With pastry cutter or forks, mash them together until combined.
5. Spread the sweet potato mix into a 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
6. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
This get better over night (it's hard to believe)
If you are making it for a dinner, you can make the everything and wait to bake it until the day you need it.