Southern Pecan Pie
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup (2/3 stick) butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans
1 unbaked easy as pie crust, rolled out and prepared in a pie pan
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a large bowl, combine syrup, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, butter, salr, and vanilla. Whisk together until completely combined.
3. Place pecans in the bottom of the pie crust (the will rise to the top) and pour the syrup mixture over top.
4. Cover pie tin foil and place it on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
5. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Let the pie cool (the hardest part)
7. Slice into wedges and enjoy.