2 c all purpose flour
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
8 Tbsp butter, cut in cubes
3/4 c milk
Preheat oven to 425.
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
2. Cut in butter until it resembles cornmeal.
3. Push ingredients to the sides, making a bowl in the middle. Pour in milk.
4. Knead dough.
5. Roll dough out onto lightly floured surface 1/4 inch. Fold in half and then fold in half again. (This will help with the layers). Roll back out to desired thickness.
6. Butter the bottom of the skillet.
7. Using a biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and place in the skillet.
8. Place in oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown. I like to take mine 1/2 through and add butter on top.