Be careful when asking your husband to hand you the hot sauce... always read the label!
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 lbs carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large onion, sliced thin
2 Tbsp minced garlic
32 oz chicken broth
2 strips bacon, cooked
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1. Heat oil in a pot.
2. Add carrots, onions, and garlic and cook for 15 minutes, until carrots are tender.
3. Put the vegetables into a blender and puree.
4. Add broth and continue to puree.
5. Pour back into the pot and heat.
6. Add bacon, season with salt and pepper, and hot sauce.
7. Simmer until ready to serve.