Carrot Cake Muffins
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c granulated sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 c apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c shredded carrots
1/2 c chopped nuts or chocolate, optional
**Pre-heat oven 350
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and sugar. Stir until mixed evenly.
2. Add beaten eggs, apple sauce, and vanilla. Stir until mixed well. (Dry ingredients should be all mixed in.)
3. Fold in carrots.
4. In a greased muffin tin or lined with liners (I used the silicon reusable ones), fill with batter until 2/3 full. A ice cream scoop works great.
5. Bake in oven for 22-25 minutes.
6. Let cool in pan for about 15 minutes and then move to rack to cool completely.
7. Add icing if you would like.