This recipe turned out better than I thought it would and it was so delicious. Whiskey glazed carrots would make a great side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It is so easy to make and so good.
Bourbon Glazed Carrots
1 stick butter, cut in chunks
2 lbs carrots, cut into 1-2 inch thick circles
1/2 c whiskey (I used Crown Royal)
3/4 brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
1. Melt 1 Tbsp butter in cast iron skillet.
2. Add carrots in batches, cooking for about a minute each. Remove from skillet.
3. Pour whiskey into skillet (be careful if using a gas oven.) and allow 30 secons to evaporate.
4. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter.
5. After butter melts, sprinkle in the brown sugar and stir together.
6. Add carrots back and stir in. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add salt and pepper.
8. Continue to cook until carrots are done and glaze has thickened.
9. Pour into platter and serve immediately.