4 chicken breast, cut in halves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 c finely chopped pecans
3/4 c panko bread crumbs
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 package of refrigerated cheese filled tortellini
1/2 c butter
3 garlic cloves. thinly sliced
3 Tbsp basil
3 Tbsp parsley
1/4 c Parmesan Cheese (optional)
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper while preparing tortellini according to package.
2. Mix the pecans and bread crumbs in a bowl
3. Place egg in a second bowl
4. Put chicken in egg and let it drip and then dredge through the pecan mixture, pressing firmly to adhere.
5. Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook the chicken on medium high for 2 minutes on each side until done.
6. Whip skillet clean.
7. Melt butter in skillet and add garlic, saute for 5 to 7 minutes, until the garlic is a light brown color.
8. Remove from heat and stir in basil and parsley. Add in the tortellini.
9. You can sprinkle with cheese before serving.
adapted from Southern Living Feel Good Food