Cooking with my husband has become one of my favorite things to do. There is nothing better to me than having music playing and getting to cook next to him. So what better recipe to add on our anniversary than one he taught me how to cook. This is a great recipe especially on a cold night. It is so tasty and filling.
The key to this is to start the noodles when you are simmering the venison mixture.
Note: we used venison or as his mom use to call it "West Virginian Beef" but you can substitute sirloin tip and brown it (the canned meat is already cooked).
1 Tbsp butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can mushrooms, chopped
1 can venison
4 Tbsp sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bag egg noodles or any noodle you would like
1. Heat butter in a skillet and saute onions and mushrooms in butter. Have a pot of water boiling.
2. Add venison and heat in skillet for about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Mix in the sour cream, cream of mushroom, salt and pepper, stir and let simmer.
4. Boil 1/2 of a bag egg noodles in water until done. (My favorite part is testing to see if they are done: throw them against the cabinets, if they stick the noodles are done)
5. To serve put noodles down and spoon the meat mixture on top. Enjoy!