1/2 c buttermilk
1 large sweet onion
1/2 c all purpose flour
Old Bay to taste (I used about 2 tsp)
Salt and Pepper to taste ( I used about 1/2 tsp)
2 Tbsp olive oil
Pam Cooking Spray
1/2 tsp kosher salt
Preheat oven to 400
1. Whisk buttermilk and egg until blended.
2. Cut onion into 1/4 inch thick slices. Separate into rings.
3. Dredge rings through flour, dip in buttermilk coating well, and dredge back through flour.
4. Heat olive oil in skillet. Fry onions in batches for about 1 minute on each side.
5. Place fried onions onto a aluminum lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
6. Bake for 3 minutes, turn onions over and bake for an additional 3 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.