Spaghetti SauceMakes about 6 quarts of sauce.
About 20 pounds of roma tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
8 Tbsp Parsley
8 Tbsp Basil
8 Tbsp Oregano
*The ratio is for every blender full of tomatoes needs 1 garlic clove, 2 Tbsp of parsley, basil, oregano*
1. Wash and cut then ends of the tomatoes. (You do not need to worry with peeling or coring!)
2. Add to the blender until full.
3. Add garlic clove, parsley, basil, oregano.
4. Blend until smooth. I added extra tomatoes until I had a full blender of smooth tomato mix.
5. Continue with remaining tomatoes
6. Simmer sauce on medium heat stirring occasionally until it reaches it desired consistency. (Helpful tip: if you put the sauce in the fridge over night the juice will separate and you will be able to see how much juice remains.)
7. Sterilize jars and add 1 tsp of salt for quarts and 1/2 tsp for pints to each jar. (If you are using low acid tomatoes you will also need to add a tbsp of lemon juice if you are water bathing)
8. Add warm mixture to sterilized jars
9. Leave 1 inch head space. Wipe rim and place lid and ring on jars.
10. To pressure cook, process pints at 7 lbs pressure for 20 minutes or 12 lbs pressure for 15 minutes for quarts. If using a water bath (you must use lemon juice) process for 45 minutes in boiling water.
11. Remove and let sit until at room temperature.