Hot Pepper Dogs
Makes 10 pint jars
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 gallon cleaned and cut hot banana peppers **
3 cups sugar
1 pint white vinegar
5 lbs hot dogs cut into 1 inch chunks
1. Add vegetable oil to pot. (This keeps it from sticking)
2. Mix ingredients and bring to a boil
3. Add hot dogs and peppers and bring back to a boil
4. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes
5. Sterilize jars and heat lids.
6. Pack hot mixture to jars.
7. Wait for the popping to begin!
**From experience: wear gloves when cutting hot peppers and have plenty ventilation. It is not a fun experience. After cutting wash hands really well. I learned this the hard way and had blisters around my nose for a week!