Hot Peppers Canned
12 cups White Vinegar
12 garlic cloves crushed
4 cups water
5 gallon bucket of peppers (about 60) (We used Hot Hungarian Wax Banana Peppers, Thai Peppers, and Habanaro Peppers. For color and an extra kick of heat)
1. Mix the vinegar, garlic, and water in a large sauce pan.
2. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and let stay warm on low.
3. Clean your peppers, you can chop them or leave them whole. We preferred whole.
4. Pack the peppers into your sterilized jars and pour the hot liquid over them.
5. Take the lids out of hot water and place on the rims of the jar (that should have been wiped down)
6. Place the bands and tighten.
7. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes
8. Let sit at room temperature for 24 hours.
*These are great to use in my Better than Canned Salsa recipe or if you are like my husband, straight out of the jar.
*If you do not prefer a garlic taste you can remove the garlic before you start to ladle the hot mixture over the picklers.
*We forgot to put it in ours, but Ball Crisper should go in before the hot mixture if you want crisper peppers.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.freshpreserving.com/recipes/hot-peppers