Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce
2.5 gallon of Roma Tomatoes
2.5 gallon of Cherry Tomatoes
3 garlic bulbs, peel and separate the cloves
Preheat oven to 425*F
1. Clean all tomatoes. Cut the top off the Roma tomatoes and slice in half and place in 9 x 13 pans or a roasting pan. We used 2 9 x 13 and 1 roasting pan. (Do not use the tin pans that are disposable. They are not very sturdy.)
2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add on top.
3. Drizzle olive oil on top
4. Add the garlic cloves, basil, salt and pepper on top.
5. Put into the oven and let bake for 1 hour.
6. Take out of oven and put into blender. I use the Ninja blender which works amazing!
7. Pulse for 10-15 seconds, or until smooth. (If you are not planning on canning you can freeze it or use it now, it should last for a week. We have always canned ours)
8. Put into a large pot and keep warm.
9. Sterilize jars and boil lids.
10. Add sauce to jars.
11. Put into pressure cooker. Cook at 10-11 pounds for 25 minutes.
12. Take out and let sit and wait for the "popping" sound!